Running a startup is a lot like jumping into the ocean without knowing proper underwater diving. It needs equal portions of enthusiasm, audacity, and confidence to battle and survives the economic challenges, market inflation, monetary policies, and digital marketing encounters.
And one of the most important factors that every startup needs to focus on is achieving proper brand recognition. Branding is the heart of any business. It plays the most crucial role in making companies recognized in the market.
Branding alone is a key player for making any startup enterprise thrive in today’s market. With well-planned, tactical, and effective branding, you can enhance your business’s visibility to the investors, clientele, and other stakeholders you’re aiming for.
A clear and well-delineated branding strategy provides a definite roadmap for the startup to successfully meet the end goals. However, for every new entrepreneur, it is crucial to first understand the industry regarding their branding techniques.
Not every market is viable for traditional branding tactics. The factors affecting the methodologies and results can vary. Thus, they must be carefully assessed to achieve better results. It is crucial to get a competitive edge in today’s crowded marketplace.
Latest Statistics About Branding For Startups
Every day we are being bombarded with hundreds, in fact, countless new startup companies. But the question is, out of those hundreds, how many companies do we remember? Let’s see what the latest statistics have to say about this!
- 73% of customers prefer a brand that has prompt customer service.
- Brands with consistent brand voice are more likely to create a strong footprint in the industry.
- Presenting a brand loyally across digital platforms can increase your revenue by up to 23%.
- 72% of the world’s top-leading brand names consist of acronyms.
- 89% of consumers stay dependable on brands that maintain their values and transparency.
- Brands with poor branding strategies give 10% higher salaries.
- Blogging can generate 67% more leads to a brand.
What Makes A Strong Band?
Everyone’s perception of startup business branding is separate. For some brand is just a combination of designs, fonts, and colors, while for veterans; the brand is much more than that. Many factors contribute to strengthening the foundation of a startup company.
Branding is specifically an effective marketing campaign that entails a lot of factors and essential features and the important ones are:
- Brand’s Logo, entailing colors, themes, logos, packaging, & typography
- Advertising tone
- Brand’s individuality
- Company work values, culture, & philosophy
- Digital marketing campaigns
- Great customer service & customer loyalty
- Pricing and product
- Service quality.
- Slogans & taglines
- Social media presence
- Targeted marketing
Best Branding Methods For Startups In 2021
With brands mushrooming on various social media platforms, it is not anymore easier to attract your target audience and convert them into your loyal customer, following the traditional methods. Because every startup wants more users, more signups, and more subscribers.
But without proper knowledge of branding techniques, they often end up creating a mess for their own company. Below are some of the best and most effective branding approaches that can give your company better recognition in the market.
- A brand is not just a logo or a name. Thus, alongside brand name and logo design, also focus on your voice, your marketing techniques, your mission, your packaging, and your website.
- Always know who your targeted niche markets and audiences are. Dig down into some specific details about your customers like their likes, dislikes, requirements, lifestyle, etc. to provide the right kind of offers.
- Always create a good first impression. Capitalize on techniques like Re-marketing and Interest Targeting to target specific audiences and industries. It will help you reach more new interest-based audiences.
- Be dependable with your branding. Whether it’s colors, fonts, logos, or typography, always be consistent throughout all your branding efforts. It builds more loyalty among customers.
- Always put your subscribers first. Focus on taking care of your existing customers while inviting newer ones. Better customer loyalty means more word of mouth about your brand – of course in a good way.
Effectiveness Of Branding For New Companies
Branding Helps Your Startup To Standout!
The first impression is everything for a startup. Having a good branding campaign helps you proposing your objectives more clearly, thus making you show up in the flooded market.
Branding Leads To Better Credibility!
Following a consistent branding tactic and establishing a noticeable brand image makes you look like an industry expert, even though you are a startup. It helps to build credibility and loyalty for your organization.
Branding Builds Customer Loyalty!
Good branding improves a business and leads to better recognition and customer loyalty. It also builds an emotional connection with customers and customers are often enticed to brands that share consistent and better values.
Branding Gives a Competitive Edge!
Good branding differentiates your place in the industry and gives you a competitive edge over your competitors. The more recognition your brand will receive, the more your brand will gain leads and loyal customers.
Branding Drives Individuality!
Good branding always drives uniqueness, individuality, quality, and recognition. However, for that, your brand message should be clear, you must propose a solid philosophy, implement targeted marketing, and create audience awareness.
Branding Boosts Confidence!
Here is the final one: Branding boosts confidence to both business owners and customers to trust each other. It grips the attention of the targeted audience and makes them pay attention to your company, products, and services.
As you can see, effective branding is not something about just one quality or methodology. It combines several approaches and does quite a lot more for a startup than just making it pretty. When done strategically and properly, strong branding can push your startup forward and make it reach a wider audience base.